Coronavirus – Your health is paramount to us – what we are doing to protect you
Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy: Coronavirus – Your health is paramount to us – what we are doing to protect you.
With the recent developments around the Novel Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we will remain open, and that we are continuing to provide services to you, our valued clients, to help you to recover from surgery, illness, injury or to manage your health or ongoing conditions.
In the rapidly changing environment, we want to assure you that we are taking every possible measure to keep our community safe. As health practitioners, our physiotherapists are specially trained in maintaining a high standard of infection control, and Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy has implemented increased measures during this time.
Online Video / Telehealth Consultations are available for you
If you are unable, or prefer not, to come into our clinics, our physiotherapists are available for online consultations. This can occur via video or telephone. While the direct ‘hands-on’ element of physiotherapy may not be available, physiotherapists are able to conduct an assessment through video, guide you in treatment techniques and instruct your exercises.
The benefits of online physiotherapy:
- Complete your appointment within the comfort of your own environment
- Avoid the need to negotiate traffic, public transport or parking charges
- Continue your treatment so that your condition does not decline
- Maintain an active exercise program while social distancing or in isolation
Your home exercise program can also be complemented through using our Physiotherapy Treatment App, ‘Physiapp’. Your physiotherapist is able to prescribe your treatment program through the app, guide your exercises and track your progress. Access to the app is provided free of charge for our clients.
Preparing to Come to our Clinic
In order to keep our clients and team members safe, before coming to your appointment please consider:
1) If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, or are unwell then please call our clinic. We can assist you to access your physiotherapist online, via video or phone consultation, or help you to reschedule your appointment.
2) If you have been a close contact of a person with Covid-19, or have been advised by the Queensland Public Health Department to isolate at home due to potential exposure to a COVID case, please advise our administration team as soon as possible and do not attend your in-clinic appointment. Or team will help you to access your physiotherapist online, via video or phone consultation, or assist you to reschedule your appointment.
Attending our Physiotherapy Clinics
Below are some of the COVID-Safe measures we continue to undertake within our physiotherapy clinics:
- All people entering our clinics must use the Check-in Qld app.
- Mask wearing is mandatory, in line with government regulations.
- Hand sanitiser is extensively available throughout our clinics – please sanitise your hands on arrival and departure.
- Our team clean all surfaces and touch points regularly throughout the day, including treatment areas, equipment, chairs, door handles and payment terminals.
- We utilise contactless payment only.
- Antibacterial wipes are available within our gym areas, in addition to regular cleaning.
- We have removed any unnecessary items such as magazines, drinking glasses, children’s play supplies from the waiting areas.
- Our treatment beds are disinfected between each consultation and only disposable linen is used and disposed of.
Further information on COVID-19
Reliable and up-to-date information is available on the Australian Government Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/what-you-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19
Adapting to changing information
Please be assured that we are keeping abreast of all changes and recommendations from the Australian Government, Queensland Health and medical and physiotherapy professional bodies. We have plans in place for changes that affect our operations and will be in touch if this impacts your ongoing physiotherapy appointments.
A Final Word
If you are recovering from an illness or injury, or maintaining your best physical health, we want to make sure that you, our community, can continue to access high-quality treatment, exercise and information to support you, despite increasing social distancing and isolation requirements.
As a Queensland family business, in operation for over thirty-five years, we are continuing to provide services in our clinics and online, via video or telephone. We ask for your continued confidence in Our Team to provide for all of your post-surgery, injury, return to work, health and exercise needs.
John Fitzgerald and the Active Rehab Team