Coronavirus – Your health is paramount to us – what we are doing to protect you
Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy: Coronavirus – Your health is paramount to us – what we are doing to protect you.
With the recent developments around the Novel Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we will remain open, and that we are continuing to provide services to you, our valued clients, to help you to recover from surgery, illness, injury or to manage your health or ongoing conditions.
In the rapidly changing environment, we want to assure you that we are taking every possible measure to keep our community safe. As health practitioners, our physiotherapists are specially trained in maintaining a high standard of infection control, and Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy has implemented increased measures during this time.
Online Consultations are available for you
If you are unable, or prefer not, to come into our clinics, our physiotherapists are available for online consultations. This can occur via video or telephone. While the direct ‘hands-on’ element of physiotherapy may not be available, physiotherapists are able to conduct an assessment through video, guide you in treatment techniques and instruct your exercises.
The benefits of online physiotherapy:
- Complete your appointment within the comfort of your own environment
- Avoid the need to negotiate traffic, public transport or parking charges
- Continue your treatment so that your condition does not decline
- Maintain an active exercise program while social distancing or in isolation
Your home exercise program can also be complemented through using our Physiotherapy Treatment App, ‘Physiapp’. Your physiotherapist is able to prescribe your treatment program through the app, guide your exercises and track your progress. Access to the app is provided free of charge for our clients.
Preparing to Come to our Clinic
In order to keep our clients and team members safe, before coming to your appointment please consider:
1) If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, or are unwell then please call our clinic to reschedule your appointment, or access your physiotherapist via telehealth.
2) If you have recently returned from any overseas travel since midnight on 15 March, then the Australian Government requires you to self-isolate for 14 days. Please contact our clinic to reschedule your appointment, or access your physiotherapist via telehealth.
3) If you have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, or have been instructed by health authorities to isolate, then please contact our clinic to reschedule, or access your physiotherapist via telehealth.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your physiotherapy appointment, our normal cancellation fees have been waived during this period.
Attending our Physiotherapy Clinics
Some of the measures that you may notice within our physiotherapy clinics include:
- Hand sanitizer is available at reception as well as on all of our physiotherapy desks – please use it for your hands when you arrive at and leave our clinic. We also have handwashing facilities available.
- Our team are cleaning all surfaces regularly throughout the day, including treatment areas, equipment, chairs, door handles and payment terminals.
- Antibacterial wipes are available within our gym areas, in addition to regular cleaning.
- We have removed any unnecessary items such as magazines, drinking glasses, children’s play supplies from the waiting areas.
- Our treatment beds are disinfected, paper linings disposed, and linen is changed after single use.
Further information on COVID-19
Reliable and up-to-date information is available on the Australian Government Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/what-you-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19
Adapting to changing information
Please be assured that we are keeping abreast of all changes and recommendations from the Australian Government, Queensland Health and medical and physiotherapy professional bodies. We have plans in place for changes that affect our operations and will be in touch if this impacts your ongoing physiotherapy appointments.
A Final Word
If you are recovering from an illness or injury, or maintaining your best physical health, we want to make sure that you, our community, can continue to access high-quality treatment, exercise and information to support you, despite increasing social distancing and isolation requirements.
As a Queensland family business, in operation for over thirty years, we are continuing to provide services in our clinics and via telehealth. We ask for your continued confidence in Our Team to provide for all of your post-surgery, injury, return to work, health and exercise needs.
John Fitzgerald and the Active Rehab Team