Online Video Consultations & Telehealth – Safe, Effective and Convenient
Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy have for many years recognised the advantages of telehealth services for our patients. We have been delivering online physiotherapy consultations since 2016.
We use World Leading Telehealth Software
We deliver our online video consultations via PhysiApp, a leading application, now used in over 100 countries worldwide. PhysiApp is endorsed by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA), the peak professional body for physiotherapy in Australia. You can access and use PhysiApp on your computer, tablet, smartphone or smartwatch.
More than just a physiotherapy consultation
As well as enabling you to connect face-to-face with your physiotherapist via a safe and secure video link, at the location of your choice, PhysiApp also allows you to:
- Work with your physiotherapist to develop an individualised treatment plan;
- receive an electronic copy of your customised rehabilitation program;
- watch videos of exercises from your exercise program, as many times as you like;
- monitor your daily and weekly progress with your exercises;
- monitor your pain over time;
- and monitor your progress through the completion of standardised physiotherapy outcome measures at set points in your rehabilitation journey.
Online video consultation is safe and secure
You can feel confident that your privacy is maintained when using PhysiApp. The app is specifically designed for secure use in a healthcare environment and we adopt the same privacy policies as for in-clinic appointments.
Online video consultation is effective
Our patients have been telling us for many years that they like, and in many cases prefer, online video consultations.
Research indicates that telehealth is at least as effective, or more effective, than in-clinic treatment for osteoarthritis and other chronic joint pain conditions, rehabilitation following joint replacement surgery and for patients requiring cardiac rehabilitation or pulmonary rehabilitation. Research in other clinical areas is evolving. We know from research studies that, in general, telehealth is well-suited to conditions where the focus of treatment is to provide education about, or advice on, the self-management of a condition; for the prescription of therapeutic exercise; and for follow-up and monitoring of progress.
Online video consultation is convenient
Our patients highly value the convenience of using PhysiApp for their physiotherapy appointments. Here are some of the main benefits of online consultations reported by our patients:
- saving time – through reduced travel,
- avoiding busy clinic environments, keeping them safe from potential exposure to infectious diseases,
- being able to choose the location of their consultation e.g. at home, at work or when travelling,
- the ease of use of the app;
- and avoiding travel and parking costs.
‘More than 80 per cent of patients using telehealth had positive perceptions about the ease of using the technology for telehealth, their comfort communicating via telehealth, their satisfaction with the management of their condition, the privacy or security of the consultation, their safety during the consultation and the effectiveness of telehealth.’ Professor Kim Bennell reporting on recent research conducted by the Australian Physiotherapy Association, 2021.
Easy to set-up and use
Our friendly administration team will provide you with all the information you require in order to set up for an online consultation. PhysiApp is easy to install and intuitive to use. If you need any further assistance with setting-up for your consultation, are team are happy to help.
Online video consultations are available for you
Active Rehabilitation Physiotherapy are currently delivering telehealth services in the following clinical areas:
- Children’s continence – Mars Clinic
- Men’s health
- Women’s health
- Post-surgical conditions e.g. joint replacement surgery, spinal surgery, knee surgery, shoulder surgery and ankle surgery
- Neurological conditions
- Cancer care
- Vestibular conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Pulmonary rehabilitation including breathwork
Some of our patients choose to use a mix of online and in-clinic appointments, depending on their circumstances. If you wish to explore this as a possibility, please discuss it with your physiotherapist or our administrative team.