Do you need some help to manage your chronic disease? Are you unable to complete your regular activities because of a chronic disease, such as:
- a musculoskeletal conditions
- respiratory disease
- cardiovascular disease
- obesity or
Our Physiotherapists at Active Rehab can assist you to better manage these conditions and improve your overall health and wellbeing.
Our Physiotherapists are expertly qualified to prescribe exercises and provide treatment to help you manage your chronic disease. All Active Rehab Physiotherapists are university graduates who have a detailed understanding of the needs and limitations caused by chronic disease.
Following an initial consultation, your Physiotherapist can provide a tailored treatment program, modified to account for any personal limitations. Treatment may include:
- Education: regarding your condition and areas that can be improved with treatment
- Hands-on Mobilisation and Manipulation: as required
- Tailored Exercises: to strengthen your weak muscles, retrain movement and improve your balance and coordination
- Supervised and Graded Exercise Programs: for weight loss and general health and wellbeing
- Mobility Aids: Advice and instruction on the safe use of a walking frame, or other walking aids as required
- Information regarding Equipment or Services: that may be useful for additional support at home
Physiotherapists at Active Rehabilitation also provide small-group, supervised exercise classes for people with certain chronic diseases. Group exercise provides a fun, social experience, along with appropriate exercises, all under close supervision by our Physiotherapist.
For more information on our chronic disease management classes, speak to your physiotherapist or call our administration team.
Medicare Funding for Physiotherapy for Patients with Chronic Diseases
Some patients may be able to access Medicare funding to reduce the cost of physiotherapy to treat their chronic disease. This is usually available for patients whose General Practitioner has initiated a Chronic Disease Management Plan through a Medicare Team Care Arrangement or Enhanced Primary Care Program. Speak with your General Practitioner for more information and to find out if this type of funding is available for you.