Vestibular Clinic (Dizziness/Vertigo)
Do you suffer from dizziness, balance problems or vertigo? Did you know that these symptoms can be the result of a vestibular issue and that physiotherapy may help?
The vestibular system includes the parts of the inner ear and brain that help control balance and eye movements. If the system is damaged by disease, aging, or injury, vestibular disorders can result.
Common vestibular symptoms include:
- Vertigo/BPPV – symptoms due to positional changes or from
- Decreased balance or confidence with mobility
- Vision and hearing disturbances
- Falls and falls related injuries
Types of Treatment
Vestibular Physiotherapy is aimed at improving the physical and emotional wellbeing of men and women of all ages who are suffering from vestibular issues.
Active Rehab offers comprehensive vestibular physiotherapy management, by vestibular trained Physiotherapists. We guarantee a thorough assessment prior to undertaking any treatment, because we understand that your vestibular symptoms may be sensitive or irritable. Physiotherapy vestibular treatment is tailored to assessment findings and aimed at improving your function, strength and coordination. There is strong evidence supporting the use of vestibular and visual exercises to improve symptoms for patients with balance and vestibular concerns.
Outpatient physiotherapy may include:
- Detailed interview: to gain a further understanding of your symptoms and other relevant medical history
- Physical assessment: of your body, head and eye movements
- Progressive exercise program: using head, body and eye movements; may include specific techniques such as the Epley and Hallpike-Dix Manoeuvres
- Movement assistance: to move safely and comfortably in bed, sit up, stand and walk
- Tailored Exercise: exercises to build strength, endurance, coordination and balance